SUMMER CAMP 2018
SUMMER CAMP is a one-day event for adult artists, creatives, and the general public to mingle, network, create, and celebrate the magic of summer time in the city!
Saturday September 8th
~ lineup ~ lineup ~ lineup ~ lineup ~ lineup ~ lineup ~ lineup ~ lineup ~
- on the walls: Selenas Mountain pop up exhibition Alongside a River of Sapphire Pools
- on the walls: Resource Share Board - leave info about residencies, open calls, finance, marketing tools, apps, etc.
- 12:30-1:30 pm: yoga with Tracy Michael (BYO mat)
- 2-3 pm: 3D portraits with photographer Max Clarke
- 2-3 pm: paper making workshop with Shem Phillip-Peters ($10 suggested donation)
- 4:00-5:15 pm: artist slide talks curated by Jaynie Crimmins ft. Yvette Cohen, Joanne Ungar, Patty Fabricant, Christina Massey, Alexandra Rutsch Brock
- 5:30-6:15 pm: Zombie Bob Ross / CHERYL video loop
- 6:30-7:30 pm: installation / sound art performance by artist & designer Mitchell Johnson
- 7:45-8:45 pm: writers/poets open mic hosted by Suzanne Highland
- 9-9:30 pm: DIY Karaoke
- 2-7 pm: sounds by DJ Dandelion
- 2-5 pm: DIY art making
- blind contour portrait drawing
- Paradice-curated drawing booklets
- memory ware planters
- BYO sketchbook
- 2-4pm: Daiquiris by the bar ($5 suggested donation)
- 2-4 pm: paper marbling workshop with Gracie Myers ($10 suggested donation)
- 2-4 pm: live painting by Zombie Bob Ross
- 5:30-6:15 pm: mindfulness for artists with Berena Wasserstein
- 7:30-8:30 pm: the history of CHERYL - a campfire chat
BRING YOUR OLD ART SUPPLIES & MATERIALS TO SWAP! We will donate or recycle what is not taken.
FREE w/ RSVP
($5 entry without RSVP)*
BYOB + beverages by donation
7:45pm - 8:45pm
Calling all writers, poets, & performers!
Sign up for a 5-7 min spot below
*Any door sales we receive will be used to assist with our marketing and beverage costs.
As an art space looking to grow more deeply into the community, we want SUMMER CAMP to be a free/low-cost day to support accessibility in the arts. We are opening our doors as a host to other creatives, therefore some activities may have donation based participation. We will also have beverages by donation. We will take a headcount (and pre-payment) for pizza delivery for our lunch break, or we can recommend a great local spot to support!
The goal of SUMMER CAMP is about sharing and participating with peers, networking, learning, and just having some late summer fun, so anyone is encouraged to come and create with us!
[children under 17 MUST be accompanied by an adult, 21+ only for consumption of alcohol, WE WILL ID]
Questions? Email us at email@example.com